Maine Street Legal Laws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine Street Legal Laws

Welcome to the Maine Street Legal Laws discussion thread.

In order to post a new comment or question, you will need to register for a free AllCrawl account.

Important! If you are posting a correction or change, please be sure to reference the code section or include a link to your source!

- View: Maine Street Legal Laws

All posts are moderated for accuracy, however, please keep in mind that LiftLaws.com, All Crawl, and this thread are not to be used for legal advice.
    Any information found on these sites or pages should never be viewed, interpreted, or used as such. See our full disclaimer here.
    Last edited by LiftLaws; 02-16-2015, 05:38 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: LiftLaws.com does not render legal or other professional advice. LiftLaws.com, and this forum, provide information about the law, however, legal information is not the same as legal advice -- the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult legal council if you want professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation.

Fender flares are required if tire exceeds width of manufactured fenders, no more than 3 inch suspension lift.
    Thank you, that information has been verified and I've made the addition.
    DISCLAIMER: LiftLaws.com does not render legal or other professional advice. LiftLaws.com, and this forum, provide information about the law, however, legal information is not the same as legal advice -- the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult legal council if you want professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation.

Comment

I was just told it was 4 inches of lift by the inspection station.
      I cannot find a code section that lists any specific suspension lift limit. I suspect that the inspection station uses 4 inches as a rule of thumb based off of the frame height limit, just like many police officers do.

Comment

I was told it is illegal to use shackles on leaf springs other then shock can you verify this for me?
        That is most likely true if they are longer than the original shackles.

Comment

I'm moving out to Maine and i have a 86 Chevy with 6 inch lift with 39.5 will that clear in Maine?
          Print the laws, find a tape measure and measure your frame, that's the easiest way to tell.

Is there any sort of loophole or waiver for out of state residents who move to Maine? My Jeep was perfectly legal in the state I moved from and a lot of money was invested in getting this way. it's going to leave me walking in my boots to spend all the cash to transform it all back to meet these requirements.
          I don't believe any loopholes exist, but it doesn't hurt to contact the Maine state patrol and ask. Good luck. and let us know if you find anything.

Comment

I had gotten a ticket for my lift last year I had a six inch lift in my F-150 and the statie said it was over 4 inches so not legal however when I went to court to contest it I had the statuet with me stateing the hight of my frame had to be 29" in the rear and 27 inches in the front and they tossed out the tickett, I also became aware that I could go 2 more inches lol. so of course i did and now I just wave down at the staties when I go by them lol

Originally posted by LiftLaws View Post
            I cannot find a code section that lists any specific suspension lift limit. I suspect that the inspection station uses 4 inches as a rule of thumb based off of the frame height limit, just like many police officers do.

Comment

This! This is exactly why we created LiftLaws.com - we get emails from people all across the country telling us that our information must be wrong because they got ticketed for something, however, we work hard to only post information that we've seen written in the laws so it's more often than not the police officer that got it wrong (they are human after all) and that is why you always argue your tickets! Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by Fordluver88 View Post
              I had gotten a ticket for my lift last year I had a six inch lift in my F-150 and the statie said it was over 4 inches so not legal however when I went to court to contest it I had the statuet with me stateing the hight of my frame had to be 29" in the rear and 27 inches in the front and they tossed out the tickett, I also became aware that I could go 2 more inches lol. so of course i did and now I just wave down at the staties when I go by them lol
              Last edited by LiftLaws; 02-16-2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Hey i was wondering what is legal for headlights and taillights because i want to put halo projector headlights and led taillights in my truck so i am wondering what is legal and whats not?

Comment

LiftLaws.com only covers the rules on the number of lights and their position. Sorry we can't be of more help.

Originally posted by chevyman26 View Post
                  Hey i was wondering what is legal for headlights and taillights because i want to put halo projector headlights and led taillights in my truck so i am wondering what is legal and whats not?

Comment

I'm looking at putting a 4 inch suspension in my truck and a 2 inch body lift. Would this be legal in Maine as long as I meet the frame height restrictions?

Comment

Working...
                    X