Delaware Street Legal Laws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware Street Legal Laws

Welcome to the Delaware Street Legal Laws discussion thread.

In order to post a new comment or question, you will need to register for a free AllCrawl account.

Important! If you are posting a correction or change, please be sure to reference the code section or include a link to your source!

- View: Delaware Street Legal Laws

All posts are moderated for accuracy, however, please keep in mind that LiftLaws.com, All Crawl, and this thread are not to be used for legal advice.
    Any information found on these sites or pages should never be viewed, interpreted, or used as such. See our full disclaimer here.
    Last edited by LiftLaws; 02-16-2015, 06:01 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: LiftLaws.com does not render legal or other professional advice. LiftLaws.com, and this forum, provide information about the law, however, legal information is not the same as legal advice -- the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult legal council if you want professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation.

I feel Delaware should allow a 6 inch suspension lifts because there are off roaders like me that do not like the unstable feeling of a body lift but want more lift. I also feel the bumper height should be 35 inches to the top of the bumper not the bottom or only check the height from the ground to the lowest point on the frame.
    I have a lifted truck and 30" from bumper to ground is barely lifted and that sucks. I think the limit should be 60"s. So now i guess i gotta get a custom made bumper that hangs down to meet state regs. This sucks for us who love lifted trucks.
    Yeah, Delaware is one of the worst states for off-road vehicles, sorry guys!
    DISCLAIMER: LiftLaws.com does not render legal or other professional advice. LiftLaws.com, and this forum, provide information about the law, however, legal information is not the same as legal advice -- the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult legal council if you want professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation.

Comment

I would love to know some more info about motor swap's from gasoline to diesel on pre-OBDII vehicles in Delaware. I am probably gonna have to jump through a lot of hoops to find out, but any info would help greatly. I don't know too much about how the smog test goes or differs between the two.
      We don't go into engine swamps too much because laws can be tricky and a lot depends on the bureaucrats in the various departments you need to work with to have it done correctly. It's never an easy thing to do and the best words of advice are to contact every department (several times) to really make sure you have all of the info before you starts. Hope that helps!

Comment

What about doors? Are they required and are mirrors too?

Comment

Mirrors are required on all vehicles in every state as standard operating equipment.

Doors are open to interpretation under the definition of a vehicle in "safe operating condition"

Originally posted by Willfo View Post
          What about doors? Are they required and are mirrors too?

Comment

hey all...i was wondering a few things about the wheels. I read on the site that Delaware doesnt mention wheels in the laws and that the tires just have to be in safe condition. Ive seen tons of 4x4s with offset wheels that stick out a couple inches. Just wondering if anyone has gone through the inspection with them and that they passed? im not looking at getting anything crazy like some ive seen but something that sticks out like an inch or two from the fenders.

Comment

Working...
            X